Freitag, 11. Februar 2011

A Kino.


11 February 2011       
The remembrance of emotions other than shock and excitement marked my evening.  Not in a bad way.  In a way found at the Artis International kino in the middle of Vienna.  I spent 112 minutes watching the big Hollywood movie about the girl who wasn’t perfect and the self-conscious womanizer who was redeemed as she fell apart…so he could put her back together and they could live happily ever after.  Yes, they needed (and had) each other.  And then I remembered it.  I remembered feeling alone.  Ugh!  It followed me all the way across the Atlantic Ocean!  Loneliness, you are truly not wanted here.
Good thing I quickly walked out of the theater into the cold night filled with centuries old cobblestone and pretty store windows.  Very quickly feeling alone was once again nicely replaced with oooh and ahhh.  Which is good, and only, for now.
And also for now, I am continuing to make good friends.  I met one new friend at Rochus tonight after work (before the movie).  Rochus is a great café/restaurant/bar on Landstrasser Haupstrasser (the main road by my apartment).  It is very urban and young, which is unlike many of the other spots in this part of town.  No matter where I was sitting, though, I was with good company.  That company was a lady with a good heart who I learned a bit more about tonight.  One thing that made me feel closer to her was learning she has also been married before.  Her marriage ended in a much different way than mine, but it ended.  When it ended, she started her life completely new.  Sometimes new, with its ooohs and ahhhs, is exactly what a soul needs.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen